This is the fourth inverter install. The first install was too far from battery to get enough juice. So I moved it under the sink and tapped into the #2 battery cables there. It got enough juice, but the location required an extension cord across the floor in the galley. Not good. So I moved it behind the drivers seat and ran #2 welding cable the short distance to the house batteries.
I had always wanted all 120-volt outlets to be powered from the inverter so I bought a transfer switch and carefully followed the instructions. I missed something, as I started a fire in the inverter. The good news is that I was able to put out the fire with our foam extinguisher proving that it works.
A trip to Harbor Freight, parting with several Federal Reserve notes bought us this fine 1000-watt inverter. Which is mounted behind the drivers seat on frame so it can get enough cooling air.
So, back to extension cords, but at least they will not be in the galley.
Yeah, I still want to wire it to power the 120-volt plugs, but I will wait until I can have a pro check my work.