Friday, July 11, 2014

Toilet Not Holding Water Seal

I have not updated this Blog simply because we have done everything we want to do to KoKo.

However, perhaps this post will help me to remember something.

Our toilet bowl has not been holding the water seal this trip. I have scrubbed and cleaned to no avail. This morning I suddenly recalled that white vinegar had cured the problem before. I put in one ounce and saw improvement. So I repeated it. Much better. Dorothy suggested adding baking soda – what could it hurt – so I did. Problem solved.

Yes, cleaning with a good brush, especially between the seal and fixure, is always good. So is letting the lever go once in awhile, rather than gently letting it return. But for sure results pour in an once of white vinegar to eat the scale off.

No comments:

Post a Comment